Sunday, February 19, 2012

STEAM OVEN COOKING : MY BEAUTIFUL CHICKEN



After playing with this oven for a few days I am amazed at the possibilities of what it can do. Plain old steaming, hot air and steaming combined, regular hot air, proofing, sterilization of jars, baking bread and yogurt making and I am sure there is more.

I'm kinda hooked on it now. Í have to tell you about my roast chicken. Something simple that most people enjoy yet, I never make just a roast chicken - I always feel I have to make it fancy in someway or another. So, for Sunday lunch I made a roast chicken. Actually, I should say the oven made the best roast chicken ever! All I did was to rub it with : 1 tbsp of sea salt, 1 tbsp of herbs de Provence, 1 tsp of pepper and 1 tbsp of dried sage. Then programed the oven for chicken added the weight and pushed start and it cooked it to perfection within one hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment